Method1. Pre-heat the oven to 190°C.
2. In a large bowl mix the sausagemeat, Opies Pickled Walnuts and sage together.
3. Unroll the sheet of pastry onto a lightly floured surface. Divide equally, measuring across the shortest edge, into 3 rectangles 23 cm x 12 cm (approximately).
4. Spread a third of the chutney onto each pastry rectangle. Divide the sausagemeat into 3, roll into a long sausage and place on top of the chutney.
5. Brush the long edge of the pastry with egg, fold over the top and press the cut edges together at the side of the roll. Repeat until all 3 are made.
6. Brush the top of the rolls with egg and top with the seeds, cut each one in half and slash the tops with a sharp knife.
7. Place on a lined tray and bake in the oven at 190 °C for 20 -25 minutes until risen and golden.
TipAs an alternative at Christmas, replace the onion chutney with cranberry sauce. If you are feeling artistic, make this into one large sausage roll, plaiting the pastry.
• 350g sausagemeat
• 50g Opies Pickled Walnuts, drained and finely chopped
• 1 tbsp chopped fresh sage
• 320g pre-rolled sheet puff pastry
• 50g caramelised red onion chutney
• 1 egg, beaten
• 1 tsp sesame seeds
• 1 tsp black onion (nigella) seeds