Method1. Heat oil in a pan and fry the onion, pork and peppers for 3-4 minutes.
2. Add the remaining ingredients to the pan except the cornflour, and heat gently for 8-10 minutes or until the pork is cooked.
3. Blend cornflour with a little water to form a smooth paste, add to pan, stirring continuously until sauce thickens.
4. Serve with rice or noodles.
TipSwap the pork with chicken or tofu for a vegan option.
• 1 tbsp sunflower oil
• 1 medium onion, chopped
• 500g pork fillet, cubed
• 1/2 red pepper, de-seeded and cubed
• 1/2 green pepper, de-seeded and cubed
• 350g canned pineapple chunks in juice
• 3 balls chopped Opies Stem Ginger in Syrup, 2 tbsp syrup reserved
• 1 glass sherry
• 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
• 1 tbsp tomato pureé
• 4 tbsp light soy sauce
• 1 tbsp brown sugar
• 1 tbsp cornflour