Method1. Blend all the marinade ingredients in a food processor, until smooth.
2. Place the tofu in a bowl and pour over the marinade ingredients, then leave it to marinate for 30 minutes.
3. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium high heat and add the tofu, using a slotted spoon, keeping the remaining marinade to one side. Allow the tofu to brown on all sides, turning the pieces as they cook.
4. Once browned turn the heat down, add your marinade and leave it to reduce into a thick sauce, keeping a close eye on it and stirring regularly. Stir through to ensure the tofu is evenly coated.
5. Remove from the heat once you have a thick sticky sauce and serve over steamed rice and pak choi. Scatter over spring onions, chilli and sesame seeds.
• 1 ball from a jar of Opies Stem Ginger with Syrup
• 1 tbsp Opies Stem Ginger syrup
• 1 garlic clove
• 2 tbsp light soy sauce
• 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
• 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
• 1 tbsp vegetable oil
• 225g firm tofu, cubed
• Steamed pak choi
• Spring onion, sliced
• Red chilli, thinly sliced
• Sesame seeds