Method1. Add half the sugar and the oats to a frying pan and fry for 6-8 minutes until golden, then leave to cool.
2. Add the remaining sugar to the cream and beat until thickened. Next add the oats, reserving 2 tablespoons, then the whisky and raspberries - reserving a small handful of raspberries for the topping later.
3. Add a tablespoon of compote to the bottom of 4 glasses, then layer on top the oat mixture. Add some chopped crystallised ginger and repeat layers until full, before sprinkling over the remaining oats and finally the raspberries.
4. Chill before serving for at least 1 hour, but ideally overnight.
5. Remove from the fridge and serve with ice cream, if using, and serve.
• 80g caster sugar
• 65g jumbo oats
• 250ml double cream
• 2 tbsp whisky
• 225g fresh raspberries
• 8 tbsp Opies Summer Berry Compote
• ½ jar Opies Crystallised Ginger, roughly chopped
• Ice cream, to serve