Method1. Place the 75g of chocolate in a small bowl and sit over a pan of simmering water to melt.
2. Heat the custard in a pan to just below boiling point and remove from the heat.
3. Add the custard to the molten chocolate and beat until thoroughly combined.
4. Cut muffins into quarters and place in the base of a glass dessert bowl.
5. Spoon over Opies Black Cherries with Kirsch together with some reserved syrup, so that muffins become saturated.
6. Pour the chocolate custard on top and put in the fridge to set.
7. To serve crush all but 4 Amaretti biscuits and fold into the cream, spoon the cream mixture over the trifle, decorate with remaining biscuits, some black cherries, reserved syrup, grate reserved chocolate on top and serve immediately.
TipThis dish can be made up to 24 hours in advance and it can be served in 4 individual dessert bowls.
• 100g dark chocolate, broken into squares
• 500ml tub of fresh Madagascan vanilla custard
• 2 chocolate muffins (approximately 75g each)
• 100g Opies Black Cherries with Kirsch and reserved syrup
• 200ml fresh double cream, whipped into soft peaks
• 50g Amaretti biscuits