Method1. Pre-heat oven to 220°C.
2. Place the waffles on a lined baking tray, drizzle about a tbsp of reserved syrup over each one.
3. Place 2 – 3 scoops of ice cream on top of each waffle and push in some Opies Black Cherries with Kirsch, refreeze until solid.
4. To make the meringue, place egg whites in a very clean bowl, whisk until stiff peaks are formed.
5. Add half of the sugar and continue whizzing for about a minute until the soft peaks return. Gradually fold in the remaining sugar.
6. Place the meringue in a piping bag fitted with a large star nozzle, pipe rosettes all over the ice cream mixture.
7. Bake immediately in a very hot oven at 220°C for 3 minutes until meringue is golden.
8. Serve immediately.