Method1. Whisk the flour, eggs, milk, vanilla extract and sugar in a large bowl until fully combined and no lumps remain. Set aside.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 220ºC / 200ºC fan / gas 7. Pour the oil into a 7” ovenproof skillet or deep-sided frying pan and place in the oven.
3. When the pan is screaming hot, open the oven and quickly pour in the batter then shut the door quickly. Leave to cook for 20-25 minutes or until the sides have risen and it looks like a golden Yorkshire pudding. It’s important the door isn’t opened until its ready!
4. Serve the pancake in the pan topped with ice cream, cherries, a drizzle of reserved syrup, some flaked almonds and a dusting of icing sugar.
• 100g plain flour
• 3 eggs
• 150ml milk
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 tbsp caster sugar
• 2 tbsp vegetable oil
• 1 jar Opies Black Cherries with Kirsch, syrup reserved
• Vanilla ice cream, to serve
• 1 tbsp almond flakes, toasted
• 1 tbsp icing sugar, sifted