Method1. Line a standard loaf tin with cling film, making sure it overlaps the sides.
2. Break the chocolate into a bowl along with the butter and 1 tbsp of reserved ginger syrup. Microwave on low power, stirring every 20 seconds until melted. Leave to one side.
3. In a large separate bowl, break the digestive biscuits into large chunks. Then add the cherries, marshmallows, stem and crystallised ginger.
4. Add the mixture to the chocolate and combine well.
5. Spoon into the prepared loaf tin and press down gently. Pop into the fridge for a couple of hours to set.
6. Once set, lift out the cake from the tin using the overlapping cling film. Slice and serve.
TipTry ginger nut biscuits as a great alternative to digestives. This will keep in the fridge for up to one week in an airtight container.
• 200g dark chocolate
• 100g butter
• 2 pieces of Opies Stem Ginger in Syrup, finely sliced, syrup reserved
• 200g digestive biscuits
• 1 jar Opies Cocktail Cherries, drained and halved
• 100g mini marshmallows
• 2 pieces of Opies Crystallised Ginger, finely sliced