Method1. Thinly slice the onion and place into a dish with a tbsl red wine vinegar and a pinch of salt. If not fully covered, top with water until the onion is submerged.
2. Place the potato into a large pan of salted boiling water, and boil for 7 minutes until just tender. Chuck in the french beans cooking for a further 3 minutes. Drain and run under cold water.
3. Mix the dressing ingredients together. Place the salad leaves, tomatoes, potatoes, green beans and capers into a large mixing bowl. Pour over the dressing and stir everything together until well coated.
4. Heat a griddle pan on medium heat. Drizzle the tuna steaks with olive oil and season. When the pan is hot, place the steaks in the pan and griddle for one minute on each side. Remove and leave to rest.
5. Divide the salad between two bowls. Halve the bodied egg and place one egg on each dish. Drain the red onion and scatter over the top. Top each with a tuna steak.
• 300g new potatoes, cut into 1cm pieces
• 100g french beans
• 2 hard boiled eggs
• ½ red onion
• 1 tbsp
• 2 large handful of mixed salad leaves
• 1 tbsp Opies Capers
• 8 - 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
• 2 quality tuna steaks
For the dressing:
• 3 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
• 2 tsp wholegrain mustard