Method1. Pre-heat grill to medium-high. Place peppers underneath and grill, turning regularly for about 20 minutes until the skins blacken. Remove, place in a bowl and cover with cling film. Allow to cool.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add the garlic and capers and cook for 1 minutes, before adding the peppers and frying for a further 3 minutes.
3. Add the vegetable stock, bring to the boil then turn down heat and allow the sauce to reduce.
4. Pour the contents of the pan together with the cocktail onions into a blender and whizz until smooth.
5. Cook the spaghetti according to pack instructions then drain. Stir in the red pepper sauce.
6. Serve sprinkled with parmesan and chopped basil.
TipTry putting the charred peppers into a plastic bag to cool as this will make them sweat so the skins come off more easily. Switch the parmesan cheese for a vegan alternative to make this a vegan dish.
• 2 red peppers
• 1½ tbsp olive oil
• 1 small garlic clove, crushed
• 2 tbsp Opies Capers, finely chopped
• 85ml vegetable stock
• 3 tbsp Opies Cocktail Onions, drained and chopped
• 400g whole wheat spaghetti
• 50g parmesan cheese
• Handful of basil leaves, roughly chopped