Method1. Make the cherry compote: combine the black cherries with 4 tbsp of syrup, raspberries and strawberries in a bowl, set to one side.
2. In a small mixing bowl beat together the eggs, cream, vanilla essence and sugar.
3. Melt the butter in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Coat each side of the panettone in the egg mixture and immediately fry slices in the pan for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden brown.
4. Beat the double cream until thickened and serve immediately with the cherry compote spooned over each slice and dusted with icing sugar.
for the compote
• 100g Opies Black Cherries with Kirsch, and reserved syrup
• 100g fresh raspberries
• 100g fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
Ingredients – for the french toast
• 2 eggs
• 150ml single cream
• 1 tsp vanilla essence
• 1 tbsp caster sugar
• 25g unsalted butter
• 2 large slices of Panettone, 2cm thick slices cut into 4 triangles
• Icing sugar to dust
• 150g double cream