Method1. Preheat oven to 200°C / 180°C fan / gas 5 and line two flat baking trays.
2. Place the flour, bicarbonate of soda, ginger, cinnamon, and butter into a large bowl or food processor and mix until it resembles breadcrumbs.
3. Add the sugar, egg, Opies Stem Ginger and reserved syrup then blitz until it forms a dough.
4. Remove onto a lightly floured surface, then roll out the dough to a thickness of about ½ a centimetre.
5. Using festive biscuit cutters, cut out the shapes and place onto the baking trays, ensuring they’re well spaced out on the tray. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
6. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 5 minutes. Then, using a skewer pierce a hole at the top of each biscuit whilst still warm so that the ribbon can be threaded through later on. Place them onto a wire rack so that they cool thoroughly.
7. Once cooled, ice and decorate the biscuits then tie the ribbon through the holes so that they are ready to hang onto the Christmas tree.
• 340g plain flour
• 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
• 2 tsp ground ginger
• 1 tsp ground cinnamon
• 125g unsalted butter, diced
• 175g light brown sugar
• 1 egg, beaten
• 3 balls Opies Stem Ginger with Syrup, roughly chopped and 4 tbsp syrup reserved
• Ribbon or brown string
• Icing sugar mixed with some syrup from Opies Stem Ginger with Syrup jar
• Silver edible balls