Ginger Glazed Salmon Rainbow Rice Bowl
Enjoy our Sesame-Glazed Salmon Rice Bowl. The salmon is marinated in a delectable mix of soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, sriracha, and Opies Stem Ginger syrup. Paired with charred pak choi, carrot ribbons, pickled walnuts, and creamy avocado, it's a harmony of flavours and textures. Drizzled with the savoury pan glaze and garnished with coriander, stem ginger, and sesame seeds, this dish is a visual and culinary delight. Finish it off with a squeeze of lime for a gourmet experience.
Method1. Mix the glaze ingredients together in a bowl. Add the salmon fillets skin side up, and leave to marinade for at least 30 minutes - overnight is ideal if possible.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan or griddle pan on a high heat then add the pak choi and fry for 5-6 minutes until charred. Repeat on the other side then remove and keep warm.
3. Using the same pan sauté the carrot ribbons for 2-3 minutes before adding to the pak choi to keep warm.
4. Add 2 more tablespoons of oil to the pan and – reserving the sauce – lift out the salmon fillets and fry skin-side down for 2-3 minutes. Repeat on the other side then add the reserved sauce, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 2-3 minutes – the sauce will start to reduce and thicken. Baste the salmon with the sauce as it cooks to create the glaze, then turn off the heat and set aside.
5. Spoon your rice into a wide shallow bowl then arrange the salmon, pak choi, carrots, pickled walnuts, pickled cabbage, spring onions and an avocado half in a circular fashion on top. Drizzle any leftover pan glaze over the salmon, then scatter over some coriander leaves, chopped stem ginger and sesame seeds. Serve with a wedge of lime and enjoy.
TipMarinating the salmon in the glaze overnight really enhances the flavour of this dish
For the salmon and glaze
• 60ml soy sauce
• 60ml rice wine vinegar
• 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
• 2 tablespoons sriracha chilli sauce
• 3 tbsp syrup from a 280g jar of Opies Stem Ginger with Syrup
• 1 garlic clove, crushed
• 4 salmon fillets, skin on
For the rice bowl
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 1 pak choi, sliced into four lengthways
• 1 carrot, sliced in ribbons using a peeler
• 200g cooked basmati and wild rice, kept warm
• 4 Opies Pickled Walnuts, halved
• Pickled red cabbage, thinly sliced
• 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
• 2 avocados, peeled and halved
• Small handful coriander leaves
• 2 balls Opies Stem Ginger with Syrup, finely sliced
• Black and white sesame seeds, optional
• Lime wedges, to serve