Method1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC / 180ºC / Gas 5.
2. Place the potatoes in a pan of salted water, bring to the boil and cook until softened.
3. Drain, add butter and milk and mash until smooth. Set to one side.
4. Place the butter in a new pan over a medium heat, then add the onion and fry until soft. Pour in the milk and stock, then stir in the cornflour. Once thickened remove from the heat, then add the fish and capers.
5. Pour into a pie dish and then top with the mash. Run a fork over the mash topping to texturise it, then bake for 20 - 25 minutes until crispy and golden on top.
• 1kg potatoes, peeled and cubed
• 50g butter
• 3 tbsp milk
• Knob of butter
• 1 large onion, finely chopped
• 400ml milk
• 100ml fish or vegetable stock
• 1 tbsp cornflour
• 1 x 320g pack fish pie mix
• 2 tbsp Opies Capers
• A handful fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
• 1 tbsp olive oil