Method1. Brush the sweet potato with the olive oil and either cook on a griddle pan or under a hot grill.
2. In a frying pan dry fry, the chickpeas in the harissa spice, leave until needed.
3. For the tofu, marinade in the soy sauce, then cut into cubes and fry in a hot pan with a little olive oil until it crisps up a little.
4. For the courgette, toss with a little olive oil and a squeeze of lemon juice.
5. For the dressing, quite simply mix the ingredients to form a pourable sauce. You may need to add a little more water.
6. So now you can assemble your Buddha bowl. Take a large, low sided bowl or plate.
7. Divide the rice on the base of each plate. Then in sections start adding the ingredients, the chickpeas, the tofu, sweet potato, edame beans, spinach, courgette, cherry tomatoes, pickled walnuts and finally the cress. Drizzle over the sauce and enjoy this super healthy bowl of goodness!
TipAny veg can be added to the dish, it’s a great way to use up the spare items in your fridge.
• 120g Cooked Brown rice
• 1 Tin of Chickpeas, drained
• 1tsp Harissa spice
• 4 Opies Pickled walnuts, sliced
• 1 Avocado peeled and stoned
• 1 block of Tofu
• 2tsp soy sauce
• 1 medium Courgette, peeled into ribbons using a potato peeler
• Squeeze of lemon juice
• 50g Edamame beans
• 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
• Handful of fresh Spinach
• 1 Sweet potato peeled and thinly sliced
• 2tbsp olive oil
• Mustard cress
• 2tbsp tahini
• ¼ tsp chilli flakes
• 1-2 tbsp water
• 1 garlic clove crushed