Method1. Preheat the oven to 200°C / 180°C Fan / Gas 5. Rub the sweet potatoes all over with 1 tbsp of olive oil, salt and pepper then pierce several times with a fork. Place into the oven and cook for 45 minutes or until a knife goes through easily and the skin is golden.
2. Meanwhile finely chop the onion, celery and carrot. Place in a pan with the remaining olive oil and cook slowly over a low heat until soft, stirring occasionally.
3. Add the paprika, cumin and garlic and cook for a further two minutes before introducing the passata and beans. Add the Worcestershire sauce and 1 tbsp of pickled walnut pickling liquor then season with salt. Bring to the boil then reduce down to a simmer. Cook gently for 35-40 minutes, stirring from time to time so it doesn’t catch. Stir in the pickled walnuts and warm through for a further 5 minutes.
4. Split the sweet potatoes then serve the beans on top, scattered with coriander.
• 6 sweet potatoes
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• 1 white onion
• 1 stick celery
• 1 large carrot
• 1 tsp smoked paprika
• 1 tsp cumin
• 2 garlic cloves, sliced
• 600ml passata
• 2 tins of mixed beans, drained and rinsed
• Few dashes of Worcestershire sauce
• ½ jar Opies Pickled Walnuts, halved, pickling liquor reserved
• Chopped coriander