Method1. Fry the sausage in a large casserole dish over a medium-high heat, breaking it up with a spoon until it starts to brown and release its juices.
2. Tumble in the cocktail onions and fry for a further 4-5 minutes before adding the garlic and mixed herbs.
3. Add the sundried tomatoes and chicken stock, bring to the boil before reducing the heat slightly and leaving to simmer gently for 15-20 minutes.
4. Add the beans, kale/cavolo nero and bring back to a simmer. In a small bowl mix the cornflour with a couple of tablespoons of soup to form a paste, then add back to the pan and mix in, allowing it to thicken the soup. Let it bubble for a further 5-10 minutes before seasoning and serving hot with grated Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top and crusty bread.
TipYou can buy sausage meat separately or alternatively slice a pack of sausages widthways and remove the meat from the casing.
• 450g good quality sausage meat
• 1 jar Opies Cocktail Onions, drained
• 225g sundried tomatoes, drained and chopped
• 3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
• ½ teaspoon mixed herbs
• 1.5l chicken stock
• 400g can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
• 100g kale or cavolo nero, finely sliced
• 1 tbsp cornflour
• Parmesan, for serving
• Salt and pepper to taste