Method1. Pre-heat your oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6.
2. Beat the butter and sugar together in a bowl until light and fluffy. Add the egg and mix again until well combined, then fold in the flour and ground almonds.
3. Arrange the tart cases on a baking tray, then add a teaspoon of fruit compote to the bottom of each case.
4. Spoon in the almond mixture (frangipane) so it sits just below the top of each case.
5. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until frangipane is golden, risen and springy to touch. Leave to cool.
6. Sift the icing sugar into a bowl and mix with 2 tbsp cold water, until you have a thick but not quite pourable consistency.
7. Spoon the icing onto the tarts, enough so the tops of each are covered. Top with an Opies cherry and leave to set.