Method1. Slice the madeira cake into horizontal slices 2cm thick. Using a 6cm round cutter cut out 6 rounds, then halve into semi-circles. Position into the bottom of 6 curvy Opies jars to form a circle, using the butt of your knife to position into place.
2. Beat the double cream until slightly thickened then add the icing sugar and whisk again until you have stiff peaks (be careful not to over whisk!). Set aside.
3. Spoon 2 tablespoons of compote into each jar. Top with a layer of blueberries and 2 tablespoons of custard. Add another layer of blueberries, a layer of raspberries and one more tablespoon of compote.
4. Using a piping bag with a star nozzle, pipe the whipped cream over the top. Sprinkle over some chopped hazelnuts and top with more fresh berries to serve.
For the trifle:
• 1 shop-bought madeira cake
• 180ml double cream
• 2 tbsp icing sugar
• 270g Opies Summer Berry Compote
• 150g fresh blueberries
• 180ml custard, homemade or shop bought
• 150g fresh raspberries
• 2 tbsp chopped hazelnuts