Method1. Pre-heat the oven to 190°C
2. Sieve the flour into a large bowl; rub in the butter cubes until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the cheese, Opies Pickled Walnuts, mustard and chives.
3. Make a well in the centre of the mixture, and using a round bladed knife, gradually mix in the milk until a soft dough is formed, do not over mix.
4. On a floured surface lightly knead the dough. Using a rolling pin, roll to 20 mm thick and cut out using a 6 cm round cutter.
5. Place on a greased baking tray, brush with beaten egg to glaze and bake for about 15 minutes until golden brown.
6. Transfer to a cooling rack, leave to cool slightly and enjoy with a little butter.
TipThese scones are best enjoyed warm. Replace the Stilton with any strong tasting hard cheese.
• 200g self-raising flour
• 50g unsalted butter, cut into cubes
• 50g Stilton cheese, crumbled
• 80g Opies Pickled Walnuts, finely chopped
• 1 tsp English mustard
• 1 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
• 80ml full fat milk
• 1 egg, beaten