Method1. Fry the olive oil, cocktail onions and peppers over a medium heat until the peppers start to soften. Add the sweet paprika, cumin, chilli flakes and garlic to the pan and continue cooking for a couple more minutes.
2. Add the cherry tomatoes, canned tomatoes and sugar, before seasoning well.
3. Using a large spoon, make four wells in the sauce and crack an egg into each. Turn the heat down so that it’s barely simmering. Loosely cover the pan with a lid or a little tin foil. Simmer for about 6 minutes until the eggs are cooked but keeping a runny yolk.
4. Before serving, scatter with chopped coriander and serve with the griddled ciabatta toasts.
TipOpies Pickled Walnuts could also be added to this dish, chopped up and scattered on top.
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 1 jar of Opies Cocktail Onions, rinsed and drained
• 2 green peppers, de-seeded and sliced
• 1 tsp sweet paprika
• ½ tsp cumin
• ¼ tsp chilli flakes
• 2 garlic cloves sliced
• 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
• 400g can chopped tomatoes
• 1 tsp sugar
• 4 eggs
• 10g fresh coriander, chopped
• Seasoning, to taste
• Sliced grilled ciabatta, to serve