A hearty and comforting dish, packed with vegetables infused with herbs. We have found that browning the sausages before putting then in the oven will enhance their taste and flavour. With little preparation and fuss this casserole is worth the wait! Delicious served after an autumnal walk with crusty bread or new potatoes.
Method1. Heat the oil in a pan and sear the sausages until browned.
2. Place in a casserole dish together with the other ingredients. Cover and bake in the middle of the oven at 160 degrees for around 3-4 hours.
3. Serve in warm bowls and sprinkled with torn coriander.
TipUse vegan sausages as a great meat replacement and if you are not a fan or coriander, torn parsley or snipped chives will work just as well. If using a slow cooker, leave to cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
• 2tbsp oil
• 8 (or more) Sausages
• 2 onions, finely sliced
• 2 celery sticks, diced
• 2 peppers, deseeded & chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, peeled & minced
• 125g Chestnut mushrooms, sliced
• 4 Opies Pickled Walnuts, drained and sliced
• 225g Opies Mini Silverskin Onions, drained
• 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
• 415g of baked beans
• 2tsp paprika
• 1tbsp oregano
• ½tsp turmeric
• 1 chicken stock cube
• 100 ml water
• Fresh coriander to garnish