Method1. Pre-heat the oven to 190°C / 170°C fan/ gas 5 and divide 16 paper cake cases between 2 muffin tins.
2. Beat the butter and sugar together until pale and creamy, add the eggs a little at a time and beating as you go to prevent curdling.
3. Fold in the flour, baking powder and Opies Cocktail Cherries then spoon the mixture equally between the cases.
4. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden and firm. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
5. Put the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of barely simmering water (make sure the bowl isn't touching the water) and stir until melted. Set aside to cool.
6. Mix the butter and icing sugar together in a bowl, then sift in the cocoa. Pour in the melted chocolate and combine until smooth.
7. Using a piping bag, pipe the icing over the cupcakes, then pop an Opies Cocktail Cherry on the side of each cake (for the nose), followed by two edible eyes and pieces of Curly Wurly to create the antlers.
TipThe cakes can be made ahead and frozen for up to 3 months.
• 125g unsalted butter, room temperature
• 75g caster sugar
• 2 large eggs
• 125g self-raising flour
• 1tsp baking powder
• 100g Opies Cocktail Cherries, chopped
• 100g milk chocolate, broken into pieces
• 200g unsalted butter, softened
• 400g icing sugar, sieved
• 5 tbsp cocoa powder
• 16 Opies Cocktail Cherries
• 1 bag of Cadbury’s Curly Wurlys, cut into sections
• 32 edible eyes