Method1. Rub the inside of a cheese fondue pot with the garlic clove to subtly add a little flavour, then discard.
2. Add the Gruyere, Emmental, white wine, corn flour and pickled walnut brine to the fondue pot and warm over a medium heat, stirring until smooth and thoroughly melted (alternatively you could do this on the hob and transfer to a large bowl).
3. Meanwhile arrange your dipping ingredients on a platter ready for serving.
4. Season the cheese to taste, then transfer to a fondue set and enjoy straight away.
• 1 garlic clove, halved
• 350g Gruyère cheese, grated
• 350g Emmental cheese, grated
• 300ml Sauvignon Blanc white wine
• 1 tbsp corn flour
• 1 tbsp pickle brine from a jar of Opies Pickled Walnuts
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• Opies Cornichons & Onions
• Opies Pickled Walnuts, quartered
• Pieces of stale cubed bread
• Steamed baby potatoes, halved
• Fresh crunchy vegetables, e.g. radish