Method1. Pre-heat your oven to 160*C and line a swiss roll tray roughly 25cm x 35cm with non-stick parchment paper.
2. Place the egg whites and almond extract into a clean bowl and whisk until stiff peaks form. Add the sugar 1 tablespoon at a time making sure to keep whisking as you do. Keep mixing and adding the sugar until the mixture is glossy and very stiff.
3. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tray and smooth over. Sprinkle over the flaked almonds and bake for 25 minutes. Leave to cool completely.
4. Take another piece of non-stick parchment paper and carefully turn the meringue onto it flaked almond side down. Peel away the underneath paper.
5. Whip the double cream with the icing sugar until soft peaks form. Using a palette knife spread the cream over the meringue. Spoon the compote all over the cream.
6. Using the shorter side start rolling the meringue using the paper to help you lift. You shouldn’t need to touch the meringue itself, let the paper fold, trying to keep it as tight as you can.
7. Carefully place onto a serving plate or board. Sprinkle over a little icing sugar and serve immediately.
For the meringue
• 4 large eggs whites
• ½ tsp almond extract
• 220g golden caster sugar
• 40g flaked almonds
For the filling
• 350ml Double cream
• 1tbsp icing sugar
• ½ jar of Opie Mango and Passion Fruit Compote