Method1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C / 160°C fan / gas 4.
2. Fry fennel in 25g of butter over a medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the white wine and 50ml of water, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Season the salmon with salt and pepper, then add oil to the pan and cook skin-side down until crisp. Flip over and cook on the other side for a few minutes. Transfer to a baking tray, place in oven for 6-8 minutes.
4. Once the fennel is soft, remove from the pan. Add the cream, capers, gherkins and lemon slices and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and stir in the butter.
5. Finally add the chopped parsley.
6. Place the fennel onto your plates, spoon over the butter sauce and top with the salmon.
TipGreat served with either with a crisp salad or for a more comforting meal serve with mashed potatoes.
• 2 small fennel bulbs, cut into quarters
• 75g butter, cubed and chilled
• 150ml white wine
• 2 salmon fillets, skin on
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 50ml whipping cream
• 1½ tbsp Opies Capers
• 5 Opies Cocktail Gherkins, finely chopped
• 4 Opies Sliced Lemons
• 1 tbsp parsley, chopped