Method1. Preheat the oven to 200°C / 180°C / gas 6.
2. Tumble the cherries into a baking tray and drizzle over 2 tbsp of the olive oil, 2 tbsp of reserved kirsch syrup, balsamic vinegar and the thyme. Season to taste. Roast for 15 minutes until cherries start to caramelise then remove from the oven to cool.
3. Brush the baguette slices with the remaining oil and place on a griddle pan over a high heat. Cook until the bread starts to char, around 6-7 minutes, turning over to get an even colouring.
4. Next spread the goats cheese evenly between each baguette slice. Top with the cherries, a scattering of thyme leaves then drizzle over sticky cherry juices from the pan.
5. Season to taste and serve straight away.
• 370g jar Opies Black Cherries with Kirsch, drained and syrup reserved
• 3 tbsp olive oil
• 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
• 1 tbsp of fresh thyme thymes, plus extra to garnish
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 12 slices baguette
• 200g soft goats cheese