Method1. Line a square baking tray with greaseproof paper. Pulse the ginger biscuits in a food mixer until you have chunky crumbs, then place into a mixing bowl.
2. Drain the chili flakes then grind into a paste using a pestle and mortar. Place half of the dark chocolate into a heatproof bowl and add the butter, golden syrup, stem ginger and 1 tablespoon of the reserved ginger syrup. Place the bowl over a pan of boiling water until melted. Add the chili flakes, then pour the chocolate over the biscuit crumbs and stir until well combined.
3. Tip the biscuit mixture into the tray and spread out, taking care to press into the corners. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, break up the remaining dark chocolate into a clean bowl and place over a pan of boiling water, stir until melted. Melt the white chocolate the same way in a separate bowl and set aside.
5. Remove the tin from the fridge and pour over the melted dark chocolate. Quickly pour over the white chocolate and use a skewer to create swirling patterns. Scatter over chocolate stars and return to the fridge for an hour until completely set.
6. Remove the tray from the fridge and remove the tiffin from the tray. Cut into squares and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
• 250g ginger biscuits
• 5g ancho chili flakes, soaked in boiling water
• 300g dark chocolate
• 100g white chocolate
• 80g unsalted butter
• 1 tbsp golden syrup
• 90g Opies Stem Ginger in Syrup, grated, syrup reserved
• Chocolate stars for decoration, optional