Method1. In a large bowl mix together the peanut butter, stem ginger, garlic, chilli, soy sauce, lime juice and olive oil until combined.
2. Add the chicken and stir through, coating each piece well. Place bowl in the fridge for ½ hour to marinade.
3. Remove from the fridge and thread the chicken pieces onto wooden or metal skewers.
4. Heat the grill or barbecue until hot then grill the chicken skewers over a medium heat, turning frequently for 10-15 minutes to ensure they don’t burn, until the meat is thoroughly cooked.
5. Drizzle over some reserved syrup from the Opies Stem Ginger in Syrup jar, and serve with wedges of lime and scattered coriander leaves.
TipThis marinade would work well for pork, tofu or vegetables too. Don’t forget to soak the wooden skewers to stop them charring.
• 2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
• 2 balls of Opies Stem Ginger in Syrup, chopped and syrup from jar reserved
• 1 tsp garlic, crushed
• ½ tsp chilli, crushed
• 1 tbsp soy sauce
• Juice of ½ a lime
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 400g chicken breast, cut into chunks
• Handful of fresh coriander leaves