Method1. Pre-heat the oven to 220°C / 200°C fan / Gas 7 then grease a shallow casserole dish.
2. Carefully break up the hash browns into a bowl using clean hands so they resemble grated cheese. Add the eggs, season to taste and mix in well. Using your hands, line the casserole dish with the mixture, pushing it down using your finger tips to form a large solid “rosti” type base. Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden and crispy.
3. Meanwhile fry the onion in a little oil until softened, then slice the sausages and dice the bacon and add to the pan. Fry until coloured before adding the kale and cook for a further 5-6 minutes or until the kale has just wilted. When the hash brown base is ready, remove from the oven and spoon the sausage and bacon mixture on top, followed by the diced tomatoes and grated cheese. Finally crack 4 eggs on top and finish with the pickled walnuts. Place back in the oven for 15 minutes or until the eggs are just cooked and the yolk is still runny.
• 450g uncooked hash browns, defrosted
• 2 eggs
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• 1 tbsp vegetable oil
• 1 onion, finely diced
• 2 tomatoes, diced
• 4 rashers of bacon
• 2-3 sausages
• 50g kale, chopped
• 2-3 handfuls of grated Cheddar cheese
• 4 eggs
• 2-3 Opies Pickled Walnuts, thickly sliced