Method1. Pre-heat the oven to 190°C / fan 170°C / Gas 5 and divide 14 paper cases between 2 muffin tins.
2. Beat the butter and sugar together until pale and creamy, then gradually add in the eggs until thoroughly combined.
3. Fold in the flour, baking powder and cherries and divide the mixture between the cases. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden and firm. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
4. Meanwhile make the buttercream. Place the butter, icing sugar and vanilla extract in a bowl or stand mixer and beat well until light and fluffy. Add a pinch of salt and give one final stir.
• 125g unsalted butter, softened
• 75g caster sugar
• 2 large eggs
• 125g self-raising flour
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 50g Opies Cocktail Cherries, chopped
For the buttercream icing
• 160g unsalted butter, diced
• 200g icing sugar
• ½ tsp vanilla extract
• Pinch of salt
• Pink decorating sugar
• 16 white marshmallows
• 32 edible eyes
• 16 white mini marshmallows, halved widthways
• 3 Opies Cocktail Cherries, quartered