Method1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C / 350°F / gas 4.
2. Line a 24cm baking tin or small tray with parchment paper, leaving a slight overhang so you can lift out the bars later.
3. Gently warm the honey, stem ginger syrup, olive oil and butter in a saucepan.
4. In a mixing bowl add the oats, nuts, pumpkin seeds, cocktail cherries, chopped stem ginger and desiccated coconut. Mix well.
5. Pour the warm honey mixture over and combine thoroughly.
6. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin, pressing down firmly.
Sprinkle over the sesame seeds and bake for 20-25 minutes until the edges are golden brown.
7. Leave to cool in the tin. Once cooled lift out and portion into bars and store in an airtight container.
TipFor a little more decadence try adding white chocolate chips. Poppy seeds also make a great addition to the sesame seed topping.
• 10 tbsp runny honey
• 2 tbsp of syrup from Opies Stem Ginger with Syrup jar, 3 balls reserved and chopped
• 3 tbsp olive oil
• 150g butter
• 180g porridge oats
• 80g pecan nuts, crushed
• 40g hazelnuts, crushed
• 30g pumpkin seeds
• 1 jar of Opies Cocktail Cherries, drained and roughly chopped
• 40g desiccated coconut
• 10g sesame seeds