Method1. In a small bowl mix together all the dressing ingredients until smooth and season with black pepper.
2. Slice the pear thinly lengthways. Add butter to a frying pan on a medium heat, wait until foaming then add the slices of pear, ensuring they aren’t overlapping (you may have to do this in two batches). Sprinkle over the sugar and allow to fry for three minutes until golden and the sugar is caramelised. Flip the slices and cook for another 3 minutes. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and allow to cool.
3. Toss together the salad leaves with the Pickled Walnuts and sunflower seeds with two tablespoons of dressing until the leaves are well coated.
4. Divide onto two plates, top with the pear slices and an extra drizzle of dressing.
For the dressing:
• 50ml buttermilk
• 50g soured cream
• 50g mayonnaise
• 1 tsp white wine vinegar
• 75g blue cheese, crumbled
• A couple of dashes of Worcestershire sauce
For the salad
• 2 small pears
• Knob of butter
• 1 tbsp muscovado sugar
• 2 large handfuls mixed lettuce leaves
• 4 Opies Pickled Walnuts, sliced into rounds
• 1 tbsp sunflower seed