Apricot & Custard Danish Pastry Stars
Experience a world of delectable delights with our Opies Apricot & Custard Danish Pastry Stars recipe, a symphony of flavours and textures that's a feast for both the eyes and the taste buds. This creation, made with Opies Apricots with Luxardo Dark Rum, dances from preparation to presentation, delivering an unforgettable experience.Sign in to add to favourites
Method1. Gently warm the custard and cornflour in a pan, stirring constantly until very thick and no lumps remain. Leave to cool.
2. Roll out the pastry into 6-8 even squares around 10x10cm in size, then place onto the trays spaced apart. Save leftover pastry for another time.
3. Cut each square’s corner diagonally towards the centre, stopping halfway, so you have what now looks like 4 triangles joined together. Take a triangle’s corner and bring to the centre, pressing gently so it sticks. Leave the next corner untouched then repeat all the way around to create a windmill effect.
4. Pat the apricot halves dry then add a rounded teaspoon of custard to the stars’ centres followed by an apricot, pressing down lightly. Cover and chill for 20 minutes. Meanwhile preheat the oven to 200°C / 180°C fan / gas 6 then grease and line 2 baking trays.
5. Remove from the fridge, brush with egg and bake the stars for 18-20 minutes until golden.
6. Once cool, mix the icing sugar with a little water until thick but pourable, and drizzle generously over the pastries using a teaspoon.