Method1. Spread a generous amount of American mustard over 2 of the bread slices, then top each slice with spinach, red onions, leftover roast meat and swiss cheese and gherkins.
2. Spread a little mayonnaise over the two remaining slices of bread and place each slice mayonnaise-side down on top of the first 2 open sandwiches, so you have two complete sandwiches.
3. Take a frying pan big enough to fit the two sandwiches in comfortably. Add ½ the butter and olive oil and cook until golden and crunchy, flip over and add the last of the butter and cook until golden and crunchy.
4. Serve the sandwiches straight away with extra mustard and mayonnaise.
TipThis sandwich can be totally customised to suit your tastes and leftover availability. For extra flavour spread over some leftover stuffing.
• 4 thick slices of bread
• 2 squeezes of American mustard
• Handful of fresh spinach
• Thinly sliced red onions
• 4 slices of leftover roast meat, such as beef, pork or lamb
• 4 slices of Swiss cheese
• 8 Opies Cocktail Gherkins, sliced in half
• 2 tbsp mayonnaise
• 50g butter, softened
• 1 tsp olive oil