Method1. Place the sausages in the oven at 200ºC / 180ºC Fan / Gas 5 and cook for 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile place the glaze ingredients in a pan over a low heat and allow to reduce until you have a thick syrupy consistency. Prepare the relish by blitzing the relish ingredients in a food processor until finely chopped. Season to taste and set aside.
3. Once the sausages are nearly cooked, remove from the oven and brush generously with the glaze then place back into the oven for another 5 minutes.
4. Remove from the oven and stuff into the hotdog buns. Top with the relish, caramelised onions and sauces of choice.
For the hotdogs
• 6 quality pork sausages (these can also be swapped for veggie sausages)
• 6 hot dog buns
• Caramelised onions and sauces of choice
For the glaze:
• 2 balls of Opies Stem Ginger in Syrup, grated
• 50ml syrup from jar of Opies Stem Ginger in Syrup
• 1 tsp cider vinegar
• 1 tsp sesame oil
For the relish
• 1 Jar Opies Cocktail Gherkins, mixture of halved and whole
• 1 tsp mustard
• 1 tbsp gherkin brine
• ½ tsp turmeric
• 1 tsp sugar