Method1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C / 160°C / gas 4.
2. Heat the butter in a frying pan. Add the onions and lardons together, then fry until the onions soften and the lardons have browned.
3. Remove from the heat and add to a casserole dish together with the turkey and carrots.
4. Stir in the flour well to combine then pour over the stock and wine followed by the pickled walnuts. Season to taste.
5. Cover with a lid or tin foil and bake in the oven for approximately 25 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven and add the peas. Re-cover and return to the oven for 10 minutes before serving with delicious, buttered jacket potatoes.
TipYou could also try swapping cooked turkey for leftover roast chicken for an all year round alternative.
• 1 tbsp butter
• 2 onions, thinly sliced
• 250g bacon lardons
• 650g leftover cooked turkey, shredded
• 200g carrots, peeled and sliced
• 1½ tbsp plain flour
• 700ml chicken stock
• 250ml white wine
• 8 Opies Pickled Walnuts, halved
• 100g frozen peas