Method1. Preheat the oven to 200°C /180°C Fan/ Gas 6. Line a large baking tray with baking parchment and place the puff pastry sheet on top. Lightly score a 1cm border around the edge of the pastry – this will create a raised edge as it bakes.
2. Scatter over the spring onions then crumble over the gorgonzola. Lay the fig slices on top, followed by the pecans or hazelnuts. Brush the border lightly with the egg glaze then sprinkle with sesame seeds if using. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the pastry edge looks golden and risen, and the cheese has melted.
3. Remove from the oven and leave to cool slightly. Add the pickled pear slices on top followed by the watercress. Slice into squares and serve.
• 320g ready rolled puff pastry sheet
• 3-4 spring onions, finely chopped
• 150g gorgonzola
• 2-3 fresh figs, sliced
• 20g pecans or hazelnuts, roughly chopped
• Beaten egg, to glaze
• Black sesame seeds, optional
• ½ jar Opies Pickled Pears, sliced
• Small handful watercress