Method1. Break the chocolate into pieces and melt in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Set aside to cool.
2. Whip the cream in a bowl until thickened. Add the egg yolks and sugar, then beat again to combine. In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
4. Pour the melted chocolate into the cream mixture, stirring through carefully, then gently fold in the egg whites until thoroughly combined.
5. Dollop a tablespoon of mousse into the serving glasses / bowls then add some Opies Black Cherries and kirsch syrup, before layering on another spoonful of mousse and repeat until all of the mixture has been added.
6. Garnish with any remaining Opies Black Cherries and a sprinkling of grated dark chocolate then chill for at least 15 minutes before serving.
TipNote: this recipe contains uncooked egg white which may be unsuitable for pregnant women.
• 200g good quality dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa solids)
• 1 jar Opies Black Cherries with Luxardo® Kirsch, syrup reserved (keep some cherries back too for decoration)
• 200ml whipping cream
• 4 eggs, yolks separated
• 2 tbsp golden caster sugar
• Reserved Opies Black Cherries with Luxardo® Kirsch
• Dark chocolate, grated