Method1. Heat the oven to 180°C /160°C Fan / gas 4.
2. Mix the custard, breadcrumbs, nutmeg, milk, egg yolks and 3-4 tbsp of reserved syrup from the jar of Opies Peaches with Luxardo® Amaretto together in a bowl then stir until well combined.
3. Pour into an ovenproof dish and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until custard has just set but still wobbles slightly. Remove from the oven and set aside for 10 minutes to cool a little.
4. Lightly spread the conserve evenly over the custard base.
5. Remove the Opies Baby Pears from the jar, and press gently into the custard so they sit upright.
6. Whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form, then slowly add the remaining sugar, whisking all the time until thoroughly combined.
7. Dollop the meringue on top of the conserve layer so that it surrounds the pears, making sure the pear stalks still visibly poke through.
8. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the meringue has set and started to colour. Serve warm.