Method1. Preheat oven to 200ºC / 180ºC fan / gas 6.
2. Combine the grated cheese and pickled walnuts in a bowl. Lay the puff pastry flat on a lightly floured surface, and spread with an even layer of chutney. Top with the walnut and cheese mixture, spreading over the pastry in an even layer.
3. Tightly roll the pastry up from the longest side and brush all over evenly with a beaten egg. Cut into rounds of about a 2cm thickness. Arrange the pin wheels into a christmas tree shape, placing one at the top of the ‘tree’, then a row of two, then underneath a row of three and so on, pushing them up tightly against each other.
4. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes until golden and well risen.
5. Remove from the oven, leave to cool slightly, then decorate with sage leaves and fresh cranberries before serving.
• 320g sheet of ready-rolled puff pastry
• 200g of hard cheese, grated (we used Red Leicester and cheddar)
• 50g Dijon mustard
• 2 Opies Pickled Walnuts, finely chopped
• 50g red onion chutney
• 1 beaten egg
• Fresh sage leaves and cranberries, to decorate