Method1. Add the butter, oil and 2 tablespoons of boiling water to a large mug and stir until melted. Next add the sugar, cocoa powder, flour and a tablespoon of the kirsch syrup, mixing again until well combined.
2. Push 12 cherries deep into the mixture followed by the chocolate squares stacked on top of each other.
3. Microwave for 1 minute at full power until the cake rises – test that the sponge is cooked using a skewer around the outer edge (if it comes out clean it’s cooked).
4. Serve straight from the mug with cream, if you’re feeling decadent.
• 30g room-temperature butter
• 1 tbsp oil
• 50g caster sugar
• 2 tbsp cocoa powder
• 35g self-raising flour
• 1 jar Opies Black Cherries with Kirsch, syrup reserved
• 4 large squares of quality dark chocolate
• Double cream to serve (optional)