Method1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC / 180ºC Fan / Gas 6. Add the oil to a medium roasting tin and place in the oven until hot.
2. In the meantime dice the potatoes into bite-sized pieces then remove the tin from the oven and add the potatoes, chickpeas, spices, garlic, chillies and stem ginger. Season to taste then place in the oven for 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile heat a frying pan and fry the greens/sprouts on a high heat until charred, about 5 minutes. Next, char the lime quarters, then set aside. Remove the tin from the oven, mix in the greens or sprouts and place back in the oven for 5-10 minutes. Remove from the oven, drizzle over the tamarind sauce for added flavour, then scatter over the pomegranate seeds and coriander. Season well before serving.
• 1 tbsp oil or ghee
• 600g leftover roast potatoes
• 400g can chickpeas, drained
• 1 tsp turmeric
• 1 tsp garam masala
• 1 tbsp nigella seeds
• 3 cloves garlic, crushed
• 3 green chillies, sliced
• 2 balls of Opies Stem Ginger in Syrup, finely chopped
• ½ jar Opies Cocktail Onions
• 180g leftover greens or sprouts, quartered
• 1 lime, quartered
• 2 tbsp tamarind sauce, optional
• Seeds from 1 pomegranate
• 1 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
• Salt and pepper, to taste